Strategic Advantages of Doing Business in League City
League City offers several significant strategic advantages for businesses. City staff strive to make the city as competitive as possible and make the development process as smooth as is possible.
League City has been ranked among the fastest growing cities in the nation and is quickly establishing itself as a major economic center in the Houston metropolitan area.
- Nearby Petrochemical Clusters: League City is located between three of the largest petrochemical clusters in the nation (Houston Ship Channel, Chocolate Bayou, and Texas City) allowing petrochemical companies to locate national and regional HQ's and back office functions in one location between multiple manufacturing plants.
- Workforce: A highly educated workforce is available both within League City limits and within 30 and 45 minute drive times. NASA Johnson Space Center draws 20% of its direct and contractor workforce from inside League City - a testament to the highly educated labor pool of the area.
- Infrastructure & Utilities: Expansion projects for Interstate 45, State Highway 146, and FM 646 are currently ongoing and will further expand League City's connectivity to the region. The impending construction of the Grand Parkway (SH-99) through the southwest portion of League City will open up the largely undeveloped portion of League City for development and greatly increase the speed at which travelers can access the Greater Houston area.
- Ports: Four major ports are located less than an hours drive of League City. The Port of Houston is located 23 miles to the northeast, the Port of Galveston is located 27 miles to the southeast, the Port of Freeport is located 51 miles to the southwest, and the private Port of Texas City is located just 16 miles to the southeast.
- Airports: Hobby International Airport (16 miles) and George Bush Intercontinental Airport (45 miles) are both located within an hours drive of League City.
- Taxes & Incentives: League City has created a highly competitive business environment through low taxation and the creation of a strong incentive policy through which qualifying businesses can receive assistance for locating or expanding operations within the city.
- Quality of Life: Companies seeking to attract top quality employees will be able to leverage League City's unparalleled quality of life. League City offers the top ranked large school district in the Houston area, master planned communities with entry-level homes at competitive rates, the third largest concentration of pleasure boats in the country located along Clear Lake, and more. As one of the fastest growing cities in Texas, the number of amenities available continues to grow while League City still retains its original small town charm.